Solutions: Precision Optics
Class 100,000 Cleanroom
Precision lenses perform a wide variety of tasks related to automotive safety. One of our customers asked us to help make their lenses even more precise.
Enhanced sensing technology was driving a demand for higher precision optical lens solutions. To help them meet this new demand, our solutions would need to include tighter processing control, higher quality molds and unique tooling solutions. It would also mean alternative packaging and unique inspection solutions.
Royal Technologies developed a Class 100,000 Cleanroom as well as a variety of automated production and testing procedures. The resulting lenses were 35% less expensive and provided a 30% increase in functionality.
Existing and future lens requirements were identified, categorized and ranked in complexity from 1 (easy +/- 0.15mm) to 10 (complex +/- 20micron)
- Diffusing lens, non directional (Scale=1)
- Diffusing lens, directional (Scale=3)
- Lightpipes – simple (Scale=4)
- Lightpipes – complex (Scale=6)
- Glare/Ambiant gathering lens (Scale=8)
- Halographic Diffusion lens (Scale=9)
- Optical imaging lens (Scale=10)
- Developed an optical Class 100,000 Cleanroom for molding lenses.
- Researched and developed relationship with tooling source to create Diamond Turned Inserts for optic areas.
- Developed laser distance inspection for focal distance measurement of imaging lenses. Hold focal point to focal point distance at 20 micron tolerance.
- Machines, automation and packaging are designed to eliminate handling and contamination of lenses.
- Imaging lenses are packed in automated reels to facilite automated circuit board mounting.
- Lens processing is optimized and controlled via cavity pressure technology and decoupled 3 processing.
Browse More Solutions
A plastic alternative at a lower cost point with greater flexibility
One of our customers asked us to help make their automotive safety lenses even more precise.
Taking a prototype design for a revolutionary new task chair and making it production-ready.
Creating a less expensive, easier to produce, and more flexible automotive side shield.
Taking a complex cushion and making it simple, less costly and more comfortable.
Developing an environmental-friendly, low-cost, light-weight arm rest for a world-renowned product.
Our file compressor weighed less than 30% of the original and costs 30% less.
Lowering production costs by nearly 15% while improving product strength and ease of assembly.