Good design is integral to the furniture industry—not only in appearance, but structurally as well. One client asked us to take their prototype design for a revolutionary new task chair and make it production-ready.
The final design weighed less than 30% of the original while maintaining all of its original functionality. In addition, we were able to lower the cost by roughly 30% and improve the piece’s overall aesthetics.
Cost vs. Original Cost
Initial Concept Design
- 2 piece structural frame
- Flexible ring sewn to fabric
- Ring / Fabric sub-assembly manually tucked into frame groove
- Visible mechanical fasteners attaching upright to frame
- Mesh fabric ultrasonically bonded to inner frame
- Inner frame/fabric are welded to outer frame
- Unique and patented back assembly process
- No visible fasteners
- Variable tension in different zones of back