Solutions: Zody Chair Back Assembly
Good design is integral to the furniture industry—not only in appearance, but structurally as well. One client asked us to take their prototype design for a revolutionary new task chair and make it production-ready.
The final design weighed less than 30% of the original while maintaining all of its original functionality. In addition, we were able to lower the cost by roughly 30% and improve the piece’s overall aesthetics.
Initial Concept Design
- 2 piece structural frame
- Flexible ring sewn to fabric
- Ring / Fabric sub-assembly manually tucked into frame groove
- Visible mechanical fasteners attaching upright to frame
- Mesh fabric ultrasonically bonded to inner frame
- Inner frame/fabric are welded to outer frame
- Unique and patented back assembly process
- No visible fasteners
- Variable tension in different zones of back
Browse More Solutions
A plastic alternative at a lower cost point with greater flexibility
One of our customers asked us to help make their automotive safety lenses even more precise.
Taking a prototype design for a revolutionary new task chair and making it production-ready.
Creating a less expensive, easier to produce, and more flexible automotive side shield.
Taking a complex cushion and making it simple, less costly and more comfortable.
Developing an environmental-friendly, low-cost, light-weight arm rest for a world-renowned product.
Our file compressor weighed less than 30% of the original and costs 30% less.
Lowering production costs by nearly 15% while improving product strength and ease of assembly.